Oct 27, 2012: Associated Press reporters filed a report from Libya that completely smashes the White House’s lame excuses about a protest gone bad.
The AP reporters say they interviewed five witnesses: one of the embassy guards, several people living next door to the consulate compound who were present when the militants first moved in and a lawyer who passed by the scene as he was headed to his nearby home.
According to these witnesses:
- The attack on our Benghazi consulate began around nightfall with around 150 bearded gunmen sealing off the streets leading to the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi.
- There was no sign of a spontaneous protest against an American-made movie denigrating Islam’s Prophet Muhammad, but the militants did gather around 20 youths in the area to chant against the film.
- An hour or so later, the heavily armed militants blasted their way into the compound.
- The trucks the attackers used to block off streets were marked with the logo of Ansar al-Shariah.
Ansar al-Sharia is one of the many powerful, heavily armed militias that operate freely in Libya. The group has an ideology similar to that of al-Qaeda, but it is not clear whether al-Qaeda’s branch in North Africa (AQIM) was involved in the assault.
Reporting international news is AP’s bailiwick.
- On September 11, an American consulate in a red-hot Muslim region of the world is invaded by heavily armed men.
- For the first time in 30 years, an American ambassador is murdered.
- Our diplomatic compounds are U.S. soil, which makes this a direct, murderous assault on the United States of America.
- The attack occurs on the anniversary of 9/11, the biggest attack on America by Muslim extremists.
AP filed this eyes-on-the-ground report October 27, forty-six days after the event. It says,
“The past week, the AP has gathered accounts from five witnesses.”
In other words, the Associated Press did NOT get around to interviewing eye witnesses of this world-class news event for SIX FULL WEEKS after it happened.
If you go and read the article itself (URL below), you’ll also see a lot of whining about how confusing it all was and where AP reports got some of it right and blahdiblah about those terrible Republicans who politicize stuff during an election year.
Whine. Whine. Cripes, they sound like Democrats. Oh wait. They are Democrats … Democrats who have seen not Chris Stevens’ blood on the wall, but their own.
Don’t expect to see me weeping big ol’ crocodile tears about these undeclared Obama PACs going DOWN. They so deserve it, the scumbags.
Oct. 27, 2012: Libyan witnesses recount organized Benghazi attack