When you go into the polling booth in November, you will not be voting for America’s Newest Idol. You will be hiring the nation’s CEO. The debates will be your best chance to interview the applicants. The following are things you do NOT want to see in the man who will represent you on all domestic and foreign policy issues for the next four years:
- “Ahs” and “uhmms”
- Talking without saying anything
- Sneering displeasure and/or self-pity
- Straw man answers to substantive questions
The debates will all happen from 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
- First presidential debate (October 3, 2012, University of Denver, Denver, CO): Domestic policy.
- Vice presidential debate (October 11, 2012, Centre College, Danville, KY): Foreign and domestic topics.
- Second presidential debate (October 16, 2012, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY): Foreign and domestic town hall style meeting with participants selected by Gallup from among undecided voters
- Third presidential debate (October 22, Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL): Foreign policy.
More information can be found at www.debates.org.