HERE IS CATHY WITH HER BOOK&COMFORTER
Daily Archives: March 10, 2012
In 2008, we tried to talk to our liberal pastor about Obama’s pro-abortion history. She responded by giving us a 3-page article xeroxed from a liberal magazine about why the Democratic Party’s alleged support for civil rights and help for the poor made them the better choice than selfish, greedy Republicans.
We both read it carefully and found it to be an illogical, garbled list of Democrat talking points. There was not a shred of Catholic teaching or Biblical truth in it.
I bought her a copy of Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism: Who Gives, Who Doesn’t, and Why It Matters by Arthur C. Brooks.
She sent me a snippy email “thanking” me for the gift, saying she had no plans to read it “now or ever.”
So much for open-minded dialogue between people of faith.
The summer of 2009, when the Leftist media was reporting very negatively on ObamaCare protests … for example, neglecting to point out that the incidents of violence were perpetrated by the pro-ObamaCare protesters against the antis, not the other way around … our deacon published an illogical, garbled justification for why the antis were all greedy and selfish.
So much for non-judgmental dialogue between people of faith.
His only actual justification for supporting ObamaCare was this: “When my mother was dying, I was grateful for her Medicare.” He also said it was very bad when people bit each other at protests. (I always wondered if he knew that the biter was on his side, while the man who lost part of his finger to the oh-so-tolerant Democrat supporter was on my side.)
When the Catholic bishops finally got a clue and came out against ObamaCare, the liberal pastor at the next parish over gave the official statement from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops equal billing on the parish web-site with the pro-ObamaCare statement by a group of 40 nuns.
Am I being overly-judgmental in characterizing Pro-Choice Catholic arguments as “illogical” and “garbled”? I’ll let you be the judge. In the video, the off-camera voice notes that the Catholic bishops are opposed to the HHS mandate. The voice then asks if Pelosi will stand with her fellow Catholics in resisting this law OR stand with the administration to impose it?
Pelosi says “I will stick with my fellow Catholics in supporting the administration on this.”
That’s not a typo. Listen for yourself.
“Illogical?” “Garbled?” Hell, yes.
Today, angelaisms sent me a link to this article:
America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President By David Barton – February 29, 2012
David Barton is the historian who did the American Heritage DVDs I raved about a couple days ago.
The whole article is worth reading, but too long to share here in full. I do want to copy-paste the section that deals with Obama’s pro-abortion, anti-life actions since becoming President of the United States:
- January 2009 – Obama lifts restrictions on U.S. government funding for groups that provide abortion services or counseling abroad, forcing taxpayers to fund pro-abortion groups that either promote or perform abortions in other nations.
- January 2009 – President Obama’s nominee for deputy secretary of state asserts that American taxpayers are required to pay for abortions and that limits on abortion funding are unconstitutional.
- March 2009 – The Obama administration shut out pro-life groups from attending a White House-sponsored health care summit.
- March 2009 – Obama orders taxpayer funding of embryonic stem cell research.
- March 2009 – Obama gave $50 million for the UNFPA, the UN population agency that promotes abortion and works closely with Chinese population control officials who use forced abortions and involuntary sterilizations.
- May 2009 – Obama officials assemble a terrorism dictionary calling pro-life advocates violent and charging that they use racism in their “criminal” activities.
- July 2010 – The Obama administration uses federal funds in violation of federal law to get Kenya to change its constitution to include abortion.
- September 2010 – The Obama administration tells researchers to ignore a judge’s decision striking down federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.
- October 2011 – The Obama administration eliminates federal grants to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops for their extensive programs that aid victims of human trafficking because the Catholic Church is anti-abortion.
This is not a comprehensive list. For example, there was the appointment of Catholic Kathleen Sebelius as Secretary of HHS, the agency that formulated the famous HHS mandate to deprive Pro-Lifers of their First Amendment rights.
While Sebelius was governor of Kansas, she was buddies with George Tiller the Baby Killer. In this video interview, she calls him a “health care provider.”
How close were George and Kathleen?
During her time in office, Governor Sebelius used her veto power three times to protect late-term abortionists, which in Kansas meant George Tiller.
In April 2007, Sebelius held a party at the governor’s mansion to honor Tiller. Only Tiller, his wife, and his clinic staff were invited.
For his part, Tiller spent millions funding Sebelius and the Democratic Party — $1.2 million in the 2006 election cycle alone.
Like other Catholic Pro-Choicers (e.g., Kennedy, Pelosi, Kerry, Biden), Sebelius claims she can be a faithful Catholic and still take money from and hand out political favors to the abortion industry.
The Roman Catholic Church begs to differ. Here is just a sampling of quotations from http://old.usccb.org/prolife/tdocs/prochoice.shtml:
- John Paul II, continuing the constant teaching of the Church, has reiterated many times that those who are directly involved in lawmaking bodies have a grave and clear obligation to oppose any law that attacks human life. For them, as for every Catholic, it is impossible to promote such laws or to vote for them.
- There cannot be two parallel lives in their existence: on the one hand, the so-called ‘spiritual life’, with its values and demands; and on the other, the so-called ‘secular’ life, that is, life in a family, at work, in social responsibilities, in the responsibilities of public life and in culture.
- No Catholic can responsibly take a “pro-choice” stand when the “choice” in question involves the taking of innocent human life.
- We urge those Catholic officials who choose to depart from Church teaching on the inviolability of human life in their public life to consider the consequences for their own spiritual well being, as well as the scandal they risk by leading others into serious sin.
- [N]o appeal to policy, procedure, majority will or pluralism ever excuses a public official from defending life to the greatest extent possible.
- Those who justify their inaction on the grounds that abortion is the law of the land need to recognize that there is a higher law, the law of God
Sebelius’ ordinary, Archbishop Joseph Naumann, has warned Sebelius several times of her infidelity to Church teaching. When she was nominated as head of HHS, Bishop Naumann called Obama’s choice “offensive” and wrote:
“Because of her long history both as a legislator and governor of consistently supporting legalized abortion and after many months of dialogue, I requested Governor Sebelius not to present herself for communion.”
Archbishop Raymond Burke, prefect of the Apostolic Signature in Rome, backed him up, stating publicly that Sebelius should not present herself for Holy Communion no matter where she was.
The slippery slope is real and the Left is at the bottom. Bipartisanship and compromise be damned. There are only two sides to this issue and, as with slavery, Republicans are on the right side.
When should the “moral value” of any human life begin? How about at conception, when we have the first living cell containing a full complement of human DNA? Possibly at implantation, when we have a living human organism capable of taking in nourishment and growing.
Anything later than conception or implantation and you have your butt on that slippery slope at the bottom of which is the justified killing of live, healthy human babies for any reason whatsoever.
Chrissy’s Site Bites: http://news.webshots.com/photo/2085431090056011884qfWbJu
Click on graphic to embiggen.
I got this in my email today with a note, “Do you know anything about this?”
Today I was incensed at the conclusion of a traditional Serbian-Orthodox funeral for my beloved 85 year old uncle, Daniel Martich, who proudly served in the US Army during The Korean Conflict.
During the committal service at a Pittsburgh cemetery the local military detachment performed their ritual, then folded and presented the American Flag to my aunt.
As I’m sure you have witnessed during military funerals, a soldier bends to one knee and recites a scripted message to a surviving relative that begins:
“On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation, I wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband’s service.”
However, today the dialogue began:
“On behalf of the Secretary of Defense and a grateful nation….”
After the service I approached the soldier who presented the flag to my aunt to inquire about the change in language.
His response was,
“The White House notified all military funeral service detachments to immediately remove ‘the President’ and insert ‘the Secretary of Defense’.”
I couldn’t believe what I heard and the soldier smiled and said, “You can draw your own conclusion sir but that was the order.” He, too, was ashamed of what he was required to say.
This president has taken off the gloves. My only response to this endless cesspool of Anti-American rhetoric dripping from his mouth is to borrow a phrase (with one minor change) uttered by another temporary Washington resident living in government housing: “Today for the first time in my adult life I was ASHAMED of my country.”
I did not serve in the military but my love of country parallels that of people like my late uncle who bled Red, White and Blue.
As a second generation Serbian-American whose heritage produced many patriotic military men and women who fought for freedom both in The United States as well as in the former Yugoslavia (most recently in Kosovo against the slaughter of Serbs by Muslim extremists), I implore you to make the American people aware of this little-known or, at least, publicly acknowledged fact.
May God Bless you and your family during these difficult times. Your voice of reason is a welcome change from the insanity plastered across the country by the liberal media.
Keep up the great work and thank you for your service to our country.
John G. Martich
Weirton , WV
There’s nothing on this at Snopes, but Truth or Fiction has a long article which I encourage you to read.
It’s hard to know what the deal is without personally knowing anyone working in a funeral detachment.
Truth or Fictions says they spoke with John G. Martich and that he verified the events are true.
The change in wording isn’t posted in the official regulations for military funerals, but that doesn’t mean the White House has not made it known that they do not want “the President” cited at these things.
It only means the official regulations have not been altered.
Can I believe this administration sent yet another slap in the face to our finest?
The military personnel I know personally are honest people. I’ve watched them become more and more frustrated with the stupid things this administration has forced on them.
For example, they’ve been forbidden to refer to Privates as “Private” any more.
Although using any military person’s rank as a form of address is SOP for ALL ranks, some Obama twit decided it was demeaning to use THIS rank as a form of address,
I can’t help thinking … who is it exactly who has such a dirty mind that “Private” is interpreted as a dirty, demeaning word?
The answer? Leftists. Hard-core Leftists.
However they portray themselves … Alinskyites, Progressives, Socialists, Communists … they all seem to have their noses so far up their own (and other people’s) asses, that all they can see or smell is excrement.
How else could they defend “Piss Christ” (a crucifix in a bottle of urine) as “art” then foam at the mouth over the “insult to Islam” when our troops PROPERLY disposed of desecrated Korans by burning them?!
How else could they laugh when Ed Schultz calls Laura Ingraham a “slut” then demand Rush Limbaugh be thrown off the air for calling Sandra Fluke the EXACT SAME THING?
Things like shame, sacrifice, honor, duty, patriotism, courage, loyalty, love, honesty and charity are as foreign to hard-core Leftists as the beauty of a sunrise over the ocean is to the fleas living on the rats in the sewers of Chicago.