Category Archives: George W. Bush
Click on graphic to embiggen.
These are public approval polls. The media has such a lot to do with public perception that I wish there was some way to factor in the MSM’s slobbering over Obama vs. their torches-and-pitchforks coverage of Bush.
For example, all that time at the end of Bush’s tenure, when his numbers were in the toilet, the press coverage of the War in Iraq was viciously negative. All we saw in the press was Bush Lied, People Died, Blood for Oil, and Gitmo Gitmo Gitmo (where no one had been waterboarded in more than 5 years and … oh wait, Nancy Pelosi had signed off on that after seeing a demonstration of waterboarding).
Yet WE WERE WINNING THE WAR IN IRAQ. Violence was way down. Deaths of soldiers and civilians were way down. People were having free elections.
When was the last time the MSM’s corrupt0listers even mentioned the fact that soldiers and civilians are still dying in Obama’s War in Afghanistan or that Gitmo is still open? Not to mention drones, kill lists, Benghazi, Fast & Furious, IRS, ObamaCare, rampant violations of our civil liberties and THE DEBT?
2012-2013: I thought it might be interesting to interleave key points in these two story lines.
- SYRIA July 23, 2012: Syria admits to possessing a stockpile of chemical weapons.
- SYRIA July 23, 2012: Obama says that the Assad regime will be “held accountable” if it uses chemical weapons.
- SYRIA Aug. 11, 2012: SecState Clinton says the use of chemical weapons is “a red line for the world.”
- SYRIA Aug. 20, 2012: Obama says the use or movement of chemical weapons by the Assad regime would be “a red line.”
- LIBYA Sept. 11, 2011: Obama refuses military rescue to Benghazi, Libya, embassy; 4 Americans among those murdered.
- LIBYA Sept. 12 ff, 2011: Obama et al. insist Benghazi was not a “terrorist attack” but a “spontaneous demonstration” against an offensive-to-Muslims YouTube video that “got out of hand.”
- LIBYA Sept. 20, 2012: Obama repeats video line on the same day his own PR guy says it was obviously a terrorist attack.
- SYRIA Dec. 3, 2012: Obama says if Assad uses CWs, “There will be consequences, and you will be held accountable.” SecState Clinton says the U.S. is “planning to take action” if Assad’s regime uses CWs.
- LIBYA Dec. 18, 2012: Benghazi report by independent panel blames “systemic” failures in leadership that led to “grossly” inadequate security at Benghazi.
- LIBYA Dec. 20, 2012: The State Department “disciplines” four officials in the department by giving them all extended paid vacations.
- LIBYA Jan. 23, 2013: Congress questions SecState Clinton about Benghazi. Clinton shrieks, “What difference does it make?”
- SYRIA March 19, 2013: Reports out of Syria say CWs killed more than two dozen in a town near Aleppo. Assad says the rebels did it; the rebels say Assad did it.
- SYRIA March 20, 2013: Obama says they’ll look into it, but he’s sure it was Assad’s fault.
- SYRIA April 25, 2013: The White House says that the intelligence community assesses “with varying degrees of confidence” that Assad did it. Obama tells Congress he wants money to arm Syrian rebels.
- LIBYA May 2013: Testimony and evidence emerge showing the Benghazi consulate reported at the beginning that they were under assault by terrorists and that they had repeatedly asked for and not only been denied extra security, but had security removed in the weeks prior to the attack. The memos were signed by SecState Clinton.
- LIBYA July 31, 2013: The White House says the controversy over Benghazi is a “phony” scandal.
- LIBYA Aug. 2013: Evidence emerges that the CIA had a facility in Benghazi from which it was illegally arming militants, that hundreds of SAMs were stolen by terrorists during the attack and that the CIA had been threatening its own people ever since to keep it all quiet.
- LIBYA Aug. 20, 2013: SecState Kerry clears and reinstates four State Dept officials who had been on “administrative leave” (read: paid vacation) for nine months.
- SYRIA Aug. 21, 2013: Reports come out of Syria that a chemical attack took place, killing as many 1,400 people. Assad says the rebels did it; the rebels say Assad did it.
- SYRIA Aug. 31, 2013: Obama backs off from his announced intention to unilaterally order a military strike against Assad, says he’ll ask Congress for permission, even though he is really sure he doesn’t need it.
- LIBYA Sept. 10, 2013: SecState Kerry tells Congress he will not make Benghazi survivors available for questioning.
- LIBYA: Sept. 11, 2013: WH observes one minute of silence for 9/11/01 victims. WH does not mention previous 525,949 minutes of lies and evasion re 9/11/12 victims.
- SYRIA Sept 12, 2013
- Assad accepts a Russian proposal to give up all its chemical weapons.
- Assad and Putin reiterate the CW attacks were done by rebels to give Obama an excuse to give them military support.
- Obama asks Congress to delay votes on authorizing military strikes against Assad.
- Syrian rebels claim Assad used CWs again. They post a video of three guys coughing as “proof.”
Senate Democratic leadership seem determined to toss aside Senate rules in its rush to cover Obama’s Morsi-supporting, Muslim Brotherhood arming, red line drawing backside.
September 4, 2013: The Senate Foreign Relations Committee narrowly approved a modified war resolution (10–7) with one member, Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA), voting present.
September 9, 2013: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) is poised to bring the measure to the floor, then put the vote to the full Senate as soon as Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
According to Senate rules, hearings should be notified seven days in advance, business meetings should be notified at least three days in advance, and members should have 24 hours to consider legislative text before having to vote on it.
Not to mention that this coming Wednesday is the anniversary of the lethal 9/11 assaults on the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, United Airlines Flight 93, and our embassy in Benghazi which were all perpetrated by the anti-American, Muslim extremists Obama has been funding, arming and is determined to send our troops to support in Syria.
Senate Breaks Own Rules in Rush to Vote on Syria War by Josh Rogin – Sep 4, 2013
Waffles and Uncle Joe actually went GOLFING right after the speech. But what the hey.
The Secretary of State went yachting while Egypt burned and his U.N. Ambassador missed an emergency UN Security Council meeting on Syria because she was at a comedy film festival in Ireland.
President Bush’s last round of golf was October 13, 2003. As much as he loved the game, he said,
“I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal. I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf.”
I think I have to throw up now.
If I had a dollar for every time liberals let their hypocrisy shine through, I could pay off the national debt.
SecState Kerry is making a great argument for the Bush invasion of Iraq. The Leftie Media is helping:
The New York Slime published op-ed – “Bomb Syria, Even if It Is Illegal” – August 27, 2013.
Politico‘s take is that we obviously have to go to war in Syria, cuz otherwise it might make Obama look bad.
Tweets on Syria by iowahawk:
- Global warming has apparently wiped out the Puff-Chested North American War Protester.
- So is getting congressional approval for war still a thing?
- Remember when Bush was called a “chicken hawk” because he had only served in the Air National Guard? Good times, good times.
Sen. Joe Biden: Iran & Impeachment [2:04]
December 14, 2007: Sen. Joe Biden threatens to initiate impeachment if President Bush acts militarily against Iran without congressional authorization.