Chicago-style politics isn’t a myth; it’s alive and well in Illinois’ 2d district.
Check out the LAST THREE people the Democrat Machine in Southeast Chicago has sent to Congress:
1981 – 1993: DEMOCRAT Representative Gus Savage (IL-2)
Resigned after the House Ethics Committee determined he had tried to force himself on a female Peace Corps worker in Zaire. Apparently, it was enough that he said he was sorry and stepped down, since no further action was taken.
1993 – 1995: DEMOCRAT Representative Mel Reynolds (IL-2)
Resigned from Congress after being convicted of raping a 16-year-old campaign volunteer. Was later convicted on 15 financial crimes. Served 8 years in prison, had the remainder of his sentence commuted by President Clinton, then jumped right back into Chicago politics.
- August 1994: Reynolds was indicted for sexual assault and criminal sexual abuse, yet continued his campaign and was re-elected in November.
- August 1995: Reynolds was sentenced to 5 years on 12 counts of sexual assault, obstruction of justice and solicitation of child pornography. He resigned from Congress.
- April 1997: A year before he was due to be released for his sexual crimes, Reynolds was sentenced to 6½ addition years on 15 unrelated counts of bank fraud and lying to SEC investigators.
- January 2001: Clinton pardoned Reynolds, who was then hired by Jesse Jackson’s Rainbow/Push Coalition to … get this … work to decrease the number of young blacks going to prison.
- November 2004: Reynolds ran for Congress again, but was overwhelmingly defeated in the Democratic primary by incumbent Jesse Jackson Jr.
1995 – 2012: DEMOCRAT Representative Jesse Jackson, Jr. (IL-2)
Resigned one month after the feds launched two criminal investigations against him, citing as his reason certain health problems he apparently had never noticed before, including “bipolar disorder, clinical depression, and gastrointestinal problems.”
November 2012: As soon as JJJ resigned, Reynolds announed his candidacy to replace him. The special election will be February 26, 2013.
Wanna take any action on the likelihood this CONVICTED FELON will be re-elected by the moronic, dead and multiple voters of southeast Chicago?